Sunday, March 29, 2009

M&M Sugar Cookies

I have searched high and low for a best M&M cookie recipe out there, and here is the result. These cookies remind me of the yummy M&M cookies you can get in the mall. The best part is you can make them as chocolaty as you would like, since you put most of the M&M on top before baking.

1 c. shortening (can substitute real butter, but I found shortening works best)
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. M&Ms candy

Cream together shortening, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture. Add 1/2 c. candies and mix until candies are incorporated. Drop by teaspoon into cookie sheet and decorate with remaining candies (just push them into the top). Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes - they should be a golden color. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing.

Hint: Since I have OCD tendencies, I like to make sure each cookie has every color of M&M. Sounds silly but they look so pretty when they have a rainbow on top. The girls love to put the M&Ms on the top, so this is a great recipe for little hands (and little mouths!).

1 comment:

Natalie said...

These are awesome. I made them this weekend and have to give some away because I wanted to eat them all. :)